|PRIMARY SCHOOL PRACTICAL GUIDANCE SERVICES
TED Eskisehir College Private Primary School’s guidance unit, which works in line with the vision of all TED schools throughout the country, aims to train happy and successful individuals and provide the student with a self-sufficient level of guidance and support the student in all kinds of studies.
They are individuals,
- who are aware of their strength and weaknesses and their own talents, who accept themselves with all their qualities,
- whose sense of responsibility have improved,
- who can exhibit a compromising attitude towards solving the problems in the face,
- who have effective communication skills,
- who possess cultural and universal values and who are sensitive to their environment.
Individual or group work done by considering the developmental characteristics of age groups can be grouped under 3 main headings;
- STUDENT-RELATED STUDIES
a. Individual Counseling Services
- The "Student Recognition Form" filled by the parents in order to recognize the students who have joined the school,
- Monitoring emotional, cognitive and physical developments of students; observations made to determine their interests and abilities,
- Reflective tests and inventories that facilitate the understanding of the emotional life of a student
- Other tests that are applied when our specialists and teachers are needed in line with their observations,
- A Human Drawing Test (all grades)
- Test of Development Figures
- A Family Drawing Test
- Who am I According to Who (3rd and 4th Grades)
- Autobiography (3rd Grades)
- Learning Styles Inventory (3rd and 4th Grades)
- Sentence Completion Tests (4th Grades)
- Individual interviews taking into account the needs of students
- "Out-of-school time programming" study with the student himself/herself in order to set planned working habits in the students
b. Personal-Educational-Vocational Guidance Activities
Group activities are held at each class level,
- to support the social development of the students,
- to help resolve the difficulty in times of hardship,
- to acquire skills for the development of interpersonal relationships.
In group events, there are studies to gain universal values such as:
c. Group Guidance Services
Within the scope of standardization studies of TED Headquarters, "Value Education Program" is implemented in all TED Schools.
The goal of this program is;
- As an effective communicative individual,
- To raise individuals who know and use basic values, especially friendship, helpfulness, responsibility values.
Classroom Guidance Courses 1-3. Our classes are conducted by our guide teachers. Throughout the academic year, the guided guidance courses are designed to help students to recognize and express their own feelings and beliefs, to understand others' feelings and thoughts, to be able to comprehend and sustain others, to take responsibility in cooperation and solidarity consciousness and to improve their ability to comply with social life rules. In addition, cognitive and psychomotor developments of students are monitored and supported activities are carried out in order to monitor their responsibilities.
Also as Guidance Unit;
- Above all, academic and non-academic work is carried out to enable them to learn tolerance, respect, cooperation, support and sharing in order to be able to raise sensitive young people and to put them into their daily lives.
- The words accepted all over the school - magic words - "welcome, enjoy your meal, good luck, thanks for cooking, thank you etc." reflect our values and the importance given to it.
- In a society where democracy is embraced, it starts at the foundations of this understanding and continues in the schools. TED ESKİŞEHİR Koleji'de "School Assembly Presidential Election" held every year is an instrument in internalizing this understanding. The elections take place in a democratic and enthusiastic environment.
- "Card Application" is applied at the level of 1st and 4th classes in a structure which encourages positive behavior to support positive and realistic self development.
d. Seminar Studies
WORK ABOUT PARENTS
Seminars are being held for the students with the help of the guidance service teachers or specialists in subjects such as "Effective Lesson Study Techniques, Examination Awareness, Positive Peer Relations, Target Identification, the Importance of Book Reading".
- Parent Talks
Parental interviews are held with the purpose of giving information about school observations, applied inventory and student 's academic - social development, or sharing the family' s observations at home with the guidance service. These interviews are carried out together with preschool teachers. "The openness of the communication channels between the school-family-student trilogy is one of the most important elements in maintaining the exchange and development of the student." understanding is the basic basis of these negotiations.
Information about the training seminars, conducted in parallel or in line with the needs of the parents, is posted on the PDR blog in the form of bulletins by researching and compiling.
- Parent Academy
During the year, the parents are informed about the problems experienced during childhood, adolescence and the students' developmental periods with the participation of specialists who are determined by the guidance and the parents; and suggestions are given for solutions.
- Parents Meeting
in various periods of the year in TED ESKİŞEHİR COLLEGE, The teachers who follow the newest methods, analysis and techniques in education under the leadership of the experts in the field with the participation of all the teacher cadres, realize the adaptations of the changing times and they can improve themselves and they reflect all these changings to their students.